Tyler County’s Outdoors are waiting for you!
The beauty of the outdoors awaits along winding country roads lined with a kaleidoscope of wildflowers and canopies of trees. Tyler County is easy to reach as a vacation destination or weekend getaway. No more than a two to three hour drive from Pittsburgh, Columbus or Charleston and no more than a single day’s drive from Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Washington D.C.
- Racing: Tyler County Speedway
- Boating: Boat, fish, jet or water ski on the mighty Ohio River. Public boat docks and launch areas are located at Sistersville and Paden City.
- Camping: Camp along the Ohio River at the Wells Island Campground, Conaway Lake, or go off the beaten path.
- Golfing: Enjoy a round or two at the Sistersville Country Club
- Hunting and Fishing: The Jug Wildlife Management Area and Conaway Lake public hunting and fishing areas.
- Hiking: There are parks and long meandering country roads that are perfect for strolling.
- Nature Study: Look for white tailed deer, black bear, gray and red foxes, bobcats, wild turkey, bobwhite quail, grouse, osprey, great blue and little green herons, hawks and even catch a glimpse of bald eagles.
- Ohio River Islands National Wildlife Refuge.